Steak With Rosemary Red Wine Sauce
Dying for some grilled food? I know I am. In the dead of winter, when it seems like all I’m eating is roasted and slow-cooked meats and hearty pastas, I sometimes get a craving for something a little more fresh tasting. Nothing satisfies that craving better than a big grilled steak and a crisp green salad. So put on your winter coat and get out there and light up the grill. This steak and rosemary red wine sauce will be worth it, I promise.
Grill your steaks (I prefer a nice ribeye medium rare.) Put them on a warm platter and tent with foil to rest. Then, make your sauce:
- Saute a sliced onion in a tablespoon of butter. Cook until soft and browned, stirring constantly (about 10 minutes).
- Add 2 tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary leaves and 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- Stir and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add 1 and 1/2 cups dry red wine, one cup of beef broth, and a pinch of sugar. Boil and stir until reduced by half.
- Pour over steaks and serve immediately.
Don’t forget to serve this with the same wine you used in the sauce. Delicious!